Nawazuddin Siddiqui is a Indian film actor. He started his Career in 1999. He went to National School of Drama and he is an Alumni. He is also known internationally for his work done with director Anurag Kashyap in the film Black Friday(2007), the Gangs of Wasseypur(2012) and Raman Raghav 2.0.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui was born on 19 May 1974 at Uttar Pradesh. He belongs to Zamindar Muslim family called Numerdars.
His father is Nawabuddin Siddiqui and mother is Mehroonisa. His father was a farmer. Nawazuddin Siddiqui has 6 brothers and 2 sisters.
He was a Science student and graduated with Bachelor of Science in Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya which is at Haridwar. He also worked as a chemist before leaving to Delhi for search of new job. He joined National School of Drama in New Delhi after watching a play. He almost participated in ten plays with his friends.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui got married to Aaliya also known as Anjali Kishor Pandey. He has 2 children ( daughter and son).
Nawazuddin became independent and had started to work on his own. He didn’t approach his parents to pursue his dreams. During the day he used to work and did the theater in the evening. He gave many auditions and didn’t achieve anything during the initial stages. He used to get rejected due to his physique but now he owns a name in Bollywood and is recognized for his talent. He is always seen in roles like pickpocket or as a waiter. He later decided to leave the work and get back to his village but the need of pursuing didn’t make him quit.
His career started when he got his first break in the movie :-
- Sarfarosh in the year 1999 with Aamir khan and was a hit.
- School in the year 1999 as a waiter
- Jungle in the year 1999 as a khabri( messenger).
- The Bypass ,Mudda – the Issue and in the movie Munna bhai MBBS in the year 2003
- Family in the year 2006
- Aaja Nachle , Ek Chalis ki Last Local , Manorama Six Feet Under and Black Friday in the year 2007
- Black & White in the year 2008
- Firaaq, New York and Dev.D in the year 2009
- Peepli Live in the year 2010
- Dekh Indian Circus in the year 2011
- Kahaani, Patang, Paan Singh Tomar, Gangs of Wasseypur- 1, Gangs of Wasseypur-2, Chittagong, Talaash- the answer lies between, Miss Lovely in the year 2012
- Aatma- Feel it around you, Bombay Talkies, Shorts, Liar’s Dice Monsoon Shootout, The Lunchbox and Anwar Ka Ajab Kissa in the year 2013
- Kick in the year 2014
- Lateef, Badlapur, Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Manjhi – The Mountain Man in the year 2015
- Raman Raghav 2.0, Te3n, Lion and Freaky Ali in the year 2016
- Haraamkhor, Raees, In Defense Of Freedom, Mom, Munna Michael, Babumoshai Bandookbaaz and Carbon- The Story of Tomorrow in the her 2017
- Mukkabaaz, Genius and Manto in the year 2018
- Petta, Thackeray, Photograph, Housefull 4, Roam Rome Mein and Motichoor Chaknachoor in the year 201
- Ghoomketu, Raat Akeli Hai, Bole Chudiyan and Serious Men in 2020
He also tried working in Television and seen in McMafia ( BBC One , AMC ) and in Sacred Games( Netflix )
Awards and Recognition
Siddiqui was always known for his best unique acting skills. In the year 2012 he won
- Spicy Jury Award for the movie Talaash, Kahaani, Gangs of Wasseypur and dekh Indian Circus
- Talaash movie has also won Zee cine Award for best actor in supporting, Screen Award for best Supporting Actor, Asian Film Award for best Supporting actor
- In 2013 the movie Lunchbox won Best Actor in Supporting Role and Filmfare Award for best Supporting Role
- In 2015 the movie Baldlapur won Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor and Zee cine Award for Best Performance in Negative Role and Bajrangi Bhaijaan won Zee cine Award for Best Comic Role
- In 2018 the movie Mom and Manto won Best Performance in Supporting Role and Best Actor for Sacred games
- He also won International Awards for the movies Talaash, Patang, Dekh Indian Circus , the Lunchbox, Raman Raghav 2.0, Haraamkhor, Manto , Sacred Games.